Thursday, September 01, 2005

Marischal College

Here's photos that I have taken of the Marischal College when I was in Aberdeen.

Here's a brief introduction of the Marischal College:
Located on Broad Street, the Marischal College was founded in 1593 by George Keith, the 5th Earl Marischal of Dunnottar. It is the second largest granite building in the world after Spain's El Escorial.

Inside the college lies the Marischal Museum. The museum possesses a superb anthropological collection, including exhibits from Egypt, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii and Tibet. However, I read that the main emphasis in the museum in the collection on the north-east of Scotland.

See if its granite material impressed you just like it did to me. Meantime, I shall let the photos do the talking.













No comments: