Sunday, August 22, 2010

An introduction to traditional healing methods


You may have already guessed that one of the activities that I do during my leisure time is to explore Singapore like a resident tourist.

As part of my attempts to learn more about my own country, I got myself a place onboard the tour, The Traditional Touch: Healing the Asian Way™, on a fine Saturday morning. This tour was put together by Journeys Pte Ltd in conjunction with Singapore HeritageFest 2010.

My conclusion, there is a wealth of wisdom in the Asian's traditional methods of healing.

Read the full post here: Traditional methods of healing, the Asian way!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a firm believer in using traditional methods of healing, and have practically weaned myself (almost) from pharmaceutical abominations that have done more harm than good. When I visit Western-trained doctors, it is often to get a day's rest when I'm totally out of whack. I will concurrently see a TCM to receive my herbal concoction - often to very positive effect. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Walter, thank you for sharing. I think traditional methods of healing have a wealth of wisdom that modern Western medicine philosophy can learn from.

Now that makes me wonnder what I would lead myself to if I start on learning more about various traditional methods of healing.